- Research Experience : 6 years Of Exp
- No. of Workshops Attended: 2
- No. of Seminars Attended : 4
- No. of Paper Published : 6
- No. of Books Published : 2
- Co-ordinator of the Student Support Program
- Member of Women’s Study Cell
A good number of ranks were secured by our students in the University Exams. The department of zoology is one of the founding departments of the H.H.M.S.P.B.N.S.S College for women, Thiruvananthapuram. The college, affiliated to the Kerala University started functioning at Perunthanni in 1950, as a second grade college and was upgraded in 1957. In 1971, the college was shifted to the present campus at Neeramankara, a bordering village of Thiruvananthapuram city. In 1978, the department of zoology could start the B.Sc degree course with Botany and Chemistry as subsidiary subjects. Right from its inception, the department has rated very high in academic qualities. Today, it has successfully completed sixty three years of meritorious service in the field of science education. The department, as a subunit of the college strives to fulfill the long cherished ambitions of the founder of the Nair Service Society, Acharya Shri Mannathu Padmanabhan, for this institution to attain a place among the best institution
Among the great teachers who were instrumental in organizing the department of Zoology and raising it to its present position are the eminent professors- Smt. G. Bhanumathy Amma, K.G. Sumangala Devi, G. Santha Kumari Amma, S. Leelavathi Amma ,T.G. Vijayalekshmi Devi, P.K. Savithri Pillai, K.K. Sreedevi Amma and L. Saraswathy Amma, Dr. N S Jayalekshmi. They are all remembered in reverence by the department.
Instruct, Influence, Inspire the women who are the future of the Nation. Generate students of global standards, well versed with recent trends in life sciences. To develop internationally competent students to cater the needs of Modern biological world. To develop students who are capable of building a nation based on indigenous culture, heritage and values. To uphold the security and dignity of womanhoods by adopting various programs. To create a student community who always value the life on earth by protecting nature and environment sustainable way.
Hari Kumaran Nair – Lab Assistant
Interactive Sessions with Eminent Scientists
• World Environment Day was celebrated on June 5th and Dr. M S Rajendran Nair, Associate Professor, Dept. of Zoology, M G College, Thiruvananthapuram, delivered a talk on ‘Solid Waste Management’
• Zoology Association was inaugurated by Dr Lakshmi S, Asst. Professor, Molecular Medicine, Regional Cancer Centre, and Thiruvananthapuram. She delivered a talk on ‘Understanding Cancer’
• The final year students are taken to different institutes for study purpose each year. During 2013 they visited CMFRI, Kochi, CUSAT, NCAAH etc
Installation of Biogas plant in the premises of the college to manage the organic waste generated in the campus as part of National Environment Awareness Campaign (2012)
UGC Sponsored State level Seminar- Vector control and Infectious diseases (2015 February)
Introduction of short term Certificate course - Vermicomposting – A bioremediation for clean and green environment. (2015-16).
Anju .A.S.IV Semester student Participated the National Integration Camp at Rajasthan NCC- Air Wing (2016)
Released Eight manuscript magazines by students.
Anupama Sekhar (2016)