Department of Commerce of N.S.S College for women, Neeramankara, was established in the year 1980 with Pre-Degree course. Later in 1993, the department was upgraded by starting B.Com Degree course with Taxation Law and Practice as optional subject. The aim of the department is to impart knowledge to the students in various branches of learning and mould them in to women of character and culture. Department of Commerce, since its inception has substantial role in achieving the mission and goal of the college i.e. to empower women through education.
The department has substantial role in achieving the mission and goal of the college i.e., ‘To Empower Women’ by taking into account the intellectual, mental and the physical betterment of girls. In this respect, Department of Commerce extends intensive support in achieving the motto of NSS i.e. education with a view of social and economic empowerment.
- Association Inauguration on 16-02-2015.
• A workshop on Choice based Credit and Semester system, on 28-01-2010,
• UGC sponsored seminar on the topic “Impact of pollution on Sustainable development of Kerala”
• UGC sponsored Seminar on the topic “Career planning and Commerce Education- Issues and implications”
• A Seminar on “E- Banking”
• College level Seminar on “Accounting Tally”
• A talk on ” professional opportunities in Commerce Education”
• Athira G J got First rank in B.Com Degree Examination, University of kerala 2010-11
• Malu B of Second B.com won first prize in State level Kabaddi junior & state level Kabaddi Women.
Rank holders of past Five years
• Athira.G.J, 2010-11, First rank in B.com Degree examination.